13 JULY, 2017
CSAYN was launched in Nigeria in October 2014 at the premises of Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi campus Anambra State with the theme: Think, Eat and Save.
Here’s a summary of our events and activities since inception:
1. In 2015, we celebrated the World Food Day with juvenile prisoners in Delta State and participated in the offline consultation on adoption of the SDGS by the Youths.
2. In June 2016, we launched the African Youth for SDGs Training with about 80 youths and 15 men and women in participation at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi.
3. In addition we had a joint outreach with Nigerian Youths Against Climate Change (NYACC) and Africa Education Initiative (NEF) to DCC School for Disabled where the pupils were taught the importance of school garden and planting trees.
4. We also had our first pilot farm in 2015 at Delta State.
5. While in march2017, we had a follow-up activity with secondary schools tagged: NNEWI SECONDARY SCHOOLS-STAND UP FOR SDGS at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Auditorium. About 200 youths were in attendance.
6. We have had lecture with Medical Laboratory Science Association, Nnewi on agriculture and also a church in 2016.
Here’s a link to our article on Food Insecurity and Poverty
Ejeguo Ogheneovo K.,
CC Nigeria and RC West Africa